Friday, June 29, 2007

Easing into the weekend

Had a busy day today... I went to the JCC Drama Camp's big end-of-session performance and was blown away by the acting, singing, dancing, set design, and overall creativity and professionalism!

It was wonderful to see some the kids I've worked with over the past few years at the JCC just blossom being on stage. I was incredibly impressed with the performance and what the kids were able to do. Kudos to the JCC's Drama Dept and the Drama Camp staff for doing such an amzing job with the kids!

After the inspiring show, I left work a little early to head to my wedding linens appointment. We put together a gorgeous "sample" table for the reception- tablecloth, chair covers, and sashes. We also came up with a creative idea for the chairs at the ceremony (not giving any hints!). It was so much fun to play with all of the colors and see how everything looked together!

On my way home from the appointment and stopped by the house, hoping to see carpet in. Unfortunately, there is no carpet yet, and really nothing new from what I saw when I stopped by last weekend. Bummer! The hanging lights were up on the front of the house - top and bottom levels, but unfortunately they still haven't lined them up evenly, so that will need to be fixed.

There was some landscaping put in in the backyard, on the slope down to our eventual neighbors (lot currently empty), but for some reason the landscaping was not lined up with the porch. A theme seems to be arising... Maybe the builders forgot to drink their V-8?

No comments: