Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mom Corps Conference


Although it was pretty tough rolling out of bed at 7am this morning, it was TOTALLY worth every minute of missed sleep! I attended the "Mom Corps" (www.momcorps.com) conference this morning at Atlantic Station's posh hotel "Twelve".
Mom Corps was started two years ago by a UGA (!!) and HBS Alum who thought their needed to be an alternative for professional women who wanted to raise their children AND continue to work in a professional setting. Mom Corps has taken off and was even featured on the Today Show recently!

Every speaker, panelist and moderator was an incredible smart, insightful, inspirational and FUNNY woman (Jean Chatzky was one of them!). I left the conference feeling incredibly motivated and excited!

Although I didn't win one of the fabulous raffle prizes awarded (a makeover, AirTran tix, Calphalon cooking set...), I was thrilled to take home a great goodie bag filled with Spanx samples, candles, wisdom cards, and other fun treats! I also got to catch up with my friend Deb (now working through MomCorps) who is pregnant with her 2nd!

For you moms out there, this is DEFINITELY a company to check out! www.momcorps.com Maybe I'll even need their help one day... :-)

No comments: